Are you asked to write a response essay? Also called a reaction paper, it is a type of writing that has something to do with your opinion about the goodness or badness of the text, perhaps a book that is in question. However, it is not only about your opinion on the work, but it is also about an objective or reasonable reaction to it. If you are now getting confused about ways to come up with your paper, check out the following guide and let’s begin writing it.
Tips for Writing a Reaction Paper
- Create a good outline before writing it so that you can find out how many reactions you personally have in mind and that you can have the chance to look for justifications, such as a list to support your theories. Having an outline can also lead you to the right direction in your work, so make sure to have one before writing.
- In writing a reaction paper, you should start with the introduction, containing a short summary of the material, which you should give your reaction to, but make sure you allow at least three sentences for the introduction. On it, don’t skip the author and the title of the book or work you have to summarize and then write your thesis statement at the end of the first paragraph.
- In your second paragraph, write your first reaction, but concisely. Use a short sentence, and then follow it with some reasons to back up your reaction. You can also refer to the work that you are reacting. For instance, you can mention that the first chapter is dragging, and then be able to support it with your own observations and reasons for saying so.
- In the next paragraphs of your reaction essay, use the same method, especially if you have more reactions to indicate in your paper. You can make use of personal indicators, including “I think,” “I believe” and “In my opinion.”
- Finish your reaction paper with a conclusion by restating your thesis and your reactions. In addition to this point, you can also wrap up the paper with a challenge to the readers if you are not the author of the book.
- Read the article carefully and understand it well. This will help you in coming up with an effective reaction piece that you can support and justify later on. For help, you can also think of at least one major point that you want to use in your paper. Take down some notes so that you can have a reference later when coming up with your reaction.
- You should always justify why you have this line of thought about the work. You can also make use of at least one real-life example, something you are familiar with.
Interesting Reaction Paper Topics to Focus On
Take a look at some quite interesting topics for a reaction paper. You can use these unique titles to make your reaction paper up to the mark.
- Creating trust to citizens through clarity of law.
- Sexual abuse against women through hidden criminality.
- How will teach classes inside prison help in the society?
- How to prevent mistaken identity?
- Medicinal purposes for the use of Marijuana.
- The existence of victimless crime.
- Impact of violence on children.
- Impairing judgment and huge use of alcohol.
- The prevention of poverty through education and awareness.
- Solitary confinements and the Emotional Effects.
- Causes of shyness of adults and its consequences.
- Indications of the emotional abuse.
Need assistance with reflective journal writing? Follow our tips now!
Writing a reaction paper following these tips and tricks will help you come up with the best response essay that you will be proud of. As an option, you can use our custom essay writing service to save your precious time.
Don’t forget to proofread and edit your work before submitting it to ensure that it is error-free, logical and smooth flowing.