Statement of purpose is a paper that highlights student’s strengths and qualifications and is a part of the application package to some of the most prestigious grad schools. For many students it is a challenging task to complete, but you have come to the right place, because we decided to provide you with a review on statement of purpose and will give you a few suggestions to make it look more professional.
Our professional statement of purpose consultants and editors has been helping graduate school applicants for a very long time and so you can be certain that we know what we are talking about. So, what is a statement of purpose and why is it necessary? Basically, it is an essay that describes student’s qualities, experiences and commitment to a chosen field of science. If you want to do well on this paper, you need to write it in a vibrant and laconic form as well as provide lots of details and examples about yourself and circumstances and/or people that helped you to make a decision and choose a particular academic field.
Here are a few tips from our professional writers that will help you to create a better statement of purpose:
- Plan prior to writing (select topics and information which you want to talk about and order in which it will appear in your statement of purpose);
- Support your thesis with real life examples that will help admission committee to distinguish you from the rest of the applicants;
- Write about things or individuals that interest and excite you;
- Try to grab admission committee’s attention from the start by creating an interesting lead-in – a quote, question, etc;
- Revise your statement of purpose 3-4 times to make sure that it is error-free;
- Remember, statement of purpose is not a resume or autobiography;
- Don’t make things up and don’t brag about yourself.
We hope that this little review will help you, so keep these tips in mind and good luck with writing a statement of purpose.