8 Different Essay Types Guide: Meaning, Structure and Style
Seriously or humorously, directly or indirectly written, any essay type is a type of narration where you need to convey, describe and analyze the subject chosen. According to the essay experts, depends on the purpose, the essay can deliver a personal opinion or just plainly state the information collected. As a rule, an essay is written in the first or third person (he, she, it) but with lots of creativity entwined it can be done from an interesting perspective.
Essay structure can consist of numerous elements that involve: politic manifestos, literary criticism, recollections, arguments, daily life observations, and personal author’s reflections. Essay happen to be written in verse but the majority are still written in prose. Experts say that originally the word “essay” is derived from the “essayer” meaning in French “to attempt
” or “to try”. Concerning the English language, it is also can be called “a trial
” as well.
As a matter of fact, essay writing of any type can be less painstaking if you stick to the most important essay writing rules.
Essay Writing Challenge or Important Things Concerning All Structured Essay Formats
Any essay type is aimed to capture the reader’s attention, just for this, you need to:
- Develop a definite thesis. It can be started with statement or intent, research question. Make sure to answer the question clearly, do not just wordplay, provide your point of view.
- Be evident. Provide the certain, defined evidences to give your narration a solid ground. With measurable facts and figures this task can be done the best, also you need to provide an emotional appeal to the facts, making comparisons. Don’t just spawn the bare statistics on it.
- Be concise. Your essay should be the optimal length, enough to make succinct conclusions to deliver your point. The repetitive statements will definitely not score additional points.
Free Samples of Different Essay Types
There you have the popular types of different essays that are common from school through to university. Every single one of these essay types involves planning, research, writing and grammar skills and organizing the structure of essay. If you are worried that you don’t have the time or best abilities to write the essays flawlessly, we are here to assist in delivering you the perfectly written essay for your needs. There are common types of essays and their differences according to TOEFL Writing Tutorial:
The aim of a definition essay is to explain the subject matter in the appropriate definitive style, you need to deliver the concrete meaning of a subject. The subject matter is often controversial and abstract like love, honor, honesty and the style of narration will rather depend on the author’s narration style. To be an effective definition essay needs to:
- Define the term
- Be clear and concise
- Operate facts, examples
The aim of a classification essay is to organize or sort things into categories, you need to separate ideas into categories and discuss each of them. In a classification essay, you need to provide the general idea, classify your items and come to the conclusion by summarizing all in the end. To be an effective classification essay needs to:
- Be sorted carefully into categories
- Be checked if categories are sorted by a certain principle
- Give the example of each category
3. Description Essay
The aim of a descriptive essay is to describe verbally the subject, the person or place you like and do it in the manner so that the reader it could be as close to original as possible. Plan to be as descriptive as you can be because the description essay will demand lots of eloquence from the author. To be an effective classification essay needs to:
- Be organized by certain parts or the aspects of the subject
- Be rich in vocabulary
- Set the tone and deliver vivid narration examples
Compare and Contrast Essay
The aim of Compare and Contrast Essay essay is to write a narration that is able to compare or contrast the subjects chosen. With the proper word choice, you need to make the utmost to point out the differences or similarities. To be an effective classification essay needs to:
- Start with less significant first, end with more significant features
- Compare each subject by category
The aim of the sequence essay is to describe the events or some sort of process in a certain understandable order. Sequence essay needs to have a particular structure where you pick the measuring item (see example table). To be an effective sequence essay needs to:
- Be organized by the structure using particular measurement, f.g time
- Be written using events in the order of their happening
The aim of choice essay is to argue why you made a particular choice, describing the object, idea or action you prefer. In the choice essay, you can operate either by rational reasons or personal subjective preferences, the main idea is to give an explainable algorithm of your choice. To be an effective choice essay needs to:
- Be organized in the way of describing each option
- Support the option by your own opinion
The aim of an explanation essay is to explain how or why something happening or happened. When writing explanation essay make sure your speech is enough descriptive to deliver the meaning in the most precise way. To be an effective choice essay needs to:
- Explain the effects and causes
- Be organized by explaining each individual case
The purpose of an evaluation essay is to deliver the judgment about people, ideas, and actions that you’ve chosen for your topic. In the evaluation essay, you don’t have to fear about the subjectivity of your evaluation because the main reason is to provide your judgment. To be an effective Evaluation Essay needs to:
- Develop evaluations based on certain criteria
- Be organized by discussing the criteria you used to make your judgment
Check how to write different essay types according to specific essay structures. Using the table you can learn the structure and write essays on any topic.
Essay Types as Educational Tools
In the United States and United Kingdom formal education demand from student generate essays every now and then, it is an important part of education usually in form if free response questions. Essays in those countries help to select the applicant for admission purposes, that’s why students are thoroughly taught the structured essay formats, improving their writing skills and raising the chances of entering the institution. Academic essay types are usually written in the more formal style than the literary, leaving the room for the authors opinions but still being made logically and sounding more factual. As a rule, their limit ranges between 2,000 and 5,000 words in these countries.
If you think the essay writing is a boring thing, fight your stereotype right now, – no one said it has to be a drag. Think outside the box, – it’s the new epoch for the narrations to be humorous, provoking and highly creative. These schools just prove the fact:
University of Chicago:
“Winston Churchill believed ‘a joke is a very serious thing.’ Tell us your favorite joke and try to explain the joke without ruining it.” or “How are apples and oranges supposed to be compared?”
“If your name were an acronym, what would it stand for and how would it reflect your strengths and personality?” or “Describe your favorite \”Bazinga\” moment.”
We Can Provide You With the Best Essay Writing Help
We can provide you with quality professional help in writing a variety of different essay types. Our team of highly skilled writers truly care about your essay, and we strive to give provide you with an essay that has top results and graded highly by your professor. We can deliver essay writing help with:
- Descriptive Essays
- Definition Essays
- Classification Essays
- Compare and Contrast Essays
- Cause and Effect Essays
- Narrative Essays
- Process Essays
- Argumentative Essays
- Critical Review Essays
- Exposition Essays
- Persuasive Essays
- Comprehension Essays
With our talented pool of writers, rest assured that we will assign you with the ideal expert writer, who best fits your essay needs and offer you a 100% seamless experience. You have our word and guarantee, you will not regret choosing us for essay writing help! Our skilled team is:
- Expert writers. The team of writers is highly professional and capable of writing on a variety of topics on any of the above essays types and more! With backgrounds from IT to Business Management, they have you covered.
- High attention to detail. With the extensive experience in writing, the team will correct and proofread your essay thoroughly, crossing your ‘t’s and dotting your ‘I’s, you re guaranteed a flawless essay free from errors.
- Produce original content. All of the writers deliver high quality original, plagiarism free content for your essay needs, helping you stay out of any trouble and deliver an impressive, original essay.
The essay writing help we offer is the best in the business, we are proud to provide high-quality writing services with a skilled team of competent writers and editors, get in touch with us now!
Can’t wait till your essay skills turn professional? What if we say we can help you with that? Don’t wait, order your essay today!