Writing an Ethics Research Paper
Your ethics project will need to be completed to a high standard no matter what stage you are at within your education. Done well it will earn you the best grades and help you to pass your course with flying colors. However this is going to require a lot of hard work on your part to do all of the research that is required and to then write it up in perfect academic English that is free of any form of errors.
Thankfully however ethics can be an area that is highly interesting to research and write about. It is also an area rich in information that you could craft an ethics case study around. Consider Nike and the scandal that it was hit with in 1996 regarding child labor. The unethical behavior of the company caused massive losses to the company and mass layoffs. However by changing their policies and becoming more ethical they have turned the company around and now dominate the market that they are in.
Writing that perfect ethics assignment however is not going to be easy; thankfully however we have the advice that you need:
Tips for Writing an Excellent Ethics Assignment
Writing up your ethics project is not going to be something that you can rattle off 5 minutes before it is due to be submitted. Submitting a well written assignment that is going to help you earn the grades that you are looking for is going to require hard work no matter what you do. The following guide will help you with your ethics writing:
- Do careful research into the area that you are writing about: Remember that your paper is going to based around evidence and not your personal opinions so you will need to find trustworthy and respected sources for your research. This should come from papers and journals and not just through the internet. Make sure that you always get to the primary source of the information that you use. Collect all of the author and publication details carefully so that you are able to make your citations and create your bibliography.
- Make sure that you have a full understanding of your question: If you are not completely sure what your essay is asking for discuss it with your tutor rather than working blindly.
- Create an outline for your ethics paper: While this is as some see it an additional step it will save you a huge amount of time later. Your outline will provide you with easy to follow guidance as to what you should write as well as allowing you to spot any issues with how your arguments flow or spotting areas where you still need to research.
- Using example papers get inspiration is fine: What is not fine is copying them or rewording them to use; this is plagiarism and will almost certainly be spotted.
- Study groups are an excellent way of helping you develop your arguments as well as sharing research: However you still have to write your own papers not all submit the same.
- Proofreading is vital: your computer will not spot all of the mistakes in your writing and any errors will have a significant impact on the grades that you receive.
Some Expert Advice for Your Ethics Project Writing
“Psychology is a science so you must support your ideas with evidence (not your own personal opinion). If you are discussing a theory or research study make sure you cite the source of the information.
Note this is not the author of a textbook you have read – but the original source / author(s) of the theory or research study.”
The advice that our experts provide if followed will help you with your custom written research and writing, however this is not always enough.